Today we formally released version 3.4.2 of FocusOPEN. This includes the following new features:
- Batch metadata update facility allows fields from groups of assets to be modified in bulk after cataloguing.
- InDesign preview, thumbnail and bitmap group generation from InDesign files (1)
- Upload processing API for adding asset files from external applications
- Modified upload process to enable external applications to add files to designated folders
- Customisable home page templates and XML editor controls
- Checkbox metadata node visibility customisation options for each brand
(1) Commercial release only
The 3.4.2 edition is being advance released to Commercial users only and will be made available to open source users at a later time (excluding any Commercial-only features). As with all other editions, the full source code is provided and there are no per-use restrictions.
If you are existing user, update instructions will be released shortly and those users with a Gold support agreement can request a FocusOPEN engineer to carry out the upgrade for you. Silver support users can request ticketed assistance to make the upgrade. Those with a FocusOPEN On Demand hosted DAM service plan will be upgraded to 3.4.2 upon request, upgrades to the new edition are not compulsory.